|Emma Restall Orr
||The Druid Network, Kissing The Hag and Living Druidry
Emma Restall Orr (born 1965) is a British neo-druid, animist, priest, poet, and author.
Restall Orr worked for the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids in the early 1990s, becoming an Ovate tutor. In 1993 she became joint chief of the British Druid Order (BDO), staying until 2002. Together with the Order founder Philip Shallcrass, she developed the BDO into one of the largest and most influential of its time. Feeling the system of Orders too limiting, Restall Orr created The Druid Network in 2002, which was officially launched at Imbolc in 2003. In 2004, she founded the organization, Honouring the Ancient Dead.
Since the late 1990s Restall Orr has organised the largest annual gatherings of Druids and those interested in Druidry,
first at The Awen Camp with Philip Shallcrass, then at The Druid Camp since 2001 (with Mark Graham).
Over the course of her life in Druidry she has been on numerous television and radio programmes in Britain and around the world, featured and quoted in the print media and on the internet.
A resume of Emma Restall Orr's media work is provided online, by her agent.
|This section has multiple issues. Please help improve it (see how) or discuss these issues on the talk page.
This section requires expansion
with: place of birth, educational history, and further family information. (November 2014)
She is daughter of Robin Restall, renowned ornithologist,Matthew Restall, history professor and writer.
writer and artist. Her brother is
- Spirits of the Sacred Grove Thorsons, 1998) (Reprinted in 2001 as Druid Priestess)
- Thorsons Principles of Druidry (Thorsons, 1999)
- Ritual: A Guide to Life, Love and Inspiration (Thorsons, 2000)
- First Directions – Druidry (Thorsons, 2000)
- A Druid Director,with Philip Shallcrass (British Druid Order, 2001)
- Druidry: Rekindling the Sacred Fire written with Philip Shallcrass (British Druid Order, 2002)
- Living Druidry: Magical Spirituality for the Wild Soul (Piatkus, 2004)
- The Ethics of Paganism: The Value and Power of Sacred Relationship, chapter contributed (Llewellyn, 2005)
- Pagan Visions, joint editor (Llewellyn, 2005)
- The Apple and the Thorn, with Bill Melnyk (Thoth, 2007)
- Living with Honour: A Pagan Ethics (O Books, April 2008)
- Kissing the Hag: The Dark Goddess and the Unacceptable Nature of Woman (O Books, October 2008)
- The Wakeful World: Animism, Mind and the Self in Nature (Moon Books, November 2012)
The closing ceremony of the 2012 Paralympics included text from a 1997 Gorsedd ritual written by Emma Restall Orr and Philip Shallcrass.
In other than English:
- Druidismo (Armenia, Milan 1999)
- Druidismo (Hi Brasil, São Paulo 2000)
- Ritual (Hi Brasil, São Paulo 2000)
- Druidenweisheit (Urania, Germany 2001)
- Christina Odone 2012 perspective in The Daily Telegraph.
- Joan Bakewell 2010 interview at BBC Radio 3.
- Chas S. Clifton 2009 review of Living with Honour: A Pagan Ethics.
- Restal Orr 2006 conference paper, given at Manchester Museum.
- Harvey McGavin interview, 2004, in The Guardian.