Emmanuel Culio playing for Galatasaray in 2012
|Full name||Juan Emmanuel Culio|
|Date of birth||30 August 1983|
|Place of birth||Mercedes, Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|2011–2012||→ Orduspor (loan)||30||(4)|
|2012–2013||→ Mersin İdmanyurdu (loan)||31||(5)|
|2013-2014||Deportivo La Coruña||18||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 27 March 2016.
Juan Emmanuel Culio (born 30 August 1983) is an Argentine footballer who plays for Spanish club Real Zaragoza as a midfielder. He is a left-footed player and can play as central midfielder, attacking midfielder and left winger and is known for his high workrate and passing.
Culio scored his first two goals in the UEFA Champions League, on 16 September 2008 against AS Roma. His team won 2–1 and Culio was designated the Man of the Match. This helped CFR Cluj obtain some important points in its first ever Champions League appearance. The Cluj fans loved him dearly and also gave him the nickname 'Draculio'. He was one of the most popular football players among CFR's fans.
Loan to Orduspor
On 5 August 2011 he left on loan to Orduspor for €350,000. As of 26 March 2012, the club manager announced that they terminated his contract due to his desire to go back to Galatasaray for the next season.
Return to Galatasaray
On 4 July 2012 it was said that Culio had returned from Orduspor and back to Galatasaray and training with his original club in the Florya Metin Oktay Sports Complex and Training Center. Fatih Terim had announced last season that if he knew that Arda Turan was going to leave that he wouldn't have sent Culio to Orduspor.
Loan to Mersin Idmanyurdu
For the 2012–13 season, Culio signed for Mersin Idmanyurdu on a one-year loan deal.
Deportivo La Coruna
On August 9, 2013, he signed for Deportivo La Coruna on an initial one year deal.
- As of 21 June 2015
|Deportivo La Coruña||2013–14||18||2||0||0||-||-||-||18||2|
- CFR Cluj
- "Culio a semnat cu Galatasaray! UPDATE Iuliu Mureşan: "Două milioane e o sumă bună pentru noi"" (in Romanian). Adevărul. Retrieved 6 January 2011.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Juan Emmanuel Culio Galatasaray'da" (in Turkish). Galatasaray.org. Retrieved 6 January 2011.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Futbolcu Kiralaması". Galatasaray (in Turkish). Turkish Public Disclosure System (KAP). 5 August 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Culio ile yollar ayrıldı!". Galatasaray (in Turkish). AjansSpor. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Juan Emmanuel Culio.|