|Birth name||Isidro Chávez Espinoza|
29 October 1981 |
Angostura, Sinaloa, Mexico
|Labels||Universal Music Group|
Espinoza Paz (Isidro Chavez Espinoza) was born on October 29, 1981 in La Angostura, a small town in the north of the state of Sinaloa, Mexico. He was 11 years old when he wrote his first song, which was dedicated to a girl on whom he had a crush. By the time he was 13, he had already written 20 songs; however, it wasn’t until his father sent him money from the United States that he decided to buy his first guitar and teach himself to play it. In 1996, he emigrated to Sacramento, California, where his love for music grew while he earned a living washing tomatoes and picking oranges, olives and grapes in Dixon, California. Months later, he decided to return to Mexico, where suffered the hardest experience of his life: the passing of his mother, Mrs. Maria de la Paz Espinoza. That was a tremendous loss from which he would never fully recover. From that point on, Paz embarked on what seemed like a never-ending journey to find his destiny. He returned to the United States (this time to Oregon) and worked as a gardener for about a year. Tired of traveling, he then decided to concentrate on his career as a songwriter, and being convinced of his calling, he returned to Mexico once again. His "muse" was a friend from California, Blanca Estrella. Their platonic relationship inspired many of his songs. For the next eight years he knocked on doors and sang in regional bands, always looking for "the opportunity" as he poured his feelings and experiences into his songs.
His big break came when he showed some of his creations to "El Coyote" - a popular Sinaloan banda singer — who recorded his songs "Besitos En El Cuello" ("Little Kisses On The Neck"); "Prohibido" ("Forbidden"); and "Para Impresionarte" ("To Impress You"), all of which immediately became hits.
In December 2006, Paz met Martin Fabian, a well-known personality within the radio and music industry, who immediately foresaw the extraordinary talent within the young singer-songwriter. They soon began collaborating on his debut album "Paz En Tu Corazón" (literally, "Peace In Your Heart"—the title being a wordplay on his name). This project was released in 2007 in association with Nueva Generacion Music Group. Another independently released album, "Amigo Con Derechos" ("Friend With Benefits"), followed in 2008 before Paz was offered a recording contract with the major label Universal Latino, which released his first major label album "El Canta Autor del Pueblo" ("The Village Singer-Songwriter") in 2008 on its Machete Music subsidiary. This album featured eight previously released favorites such as "El Celular" ("The Cell Phone") and "Amigo con Derechos" ("Friend With Benefits") plus four new recordings. A single from this project, "El Proximo Viernes" ("Next Friday") reached #14 on Billboard Magazine's "Hot Latin Tracks" chart.
Soon Paz was penning songs for a long list of regional Regional artists, including Sergio Vega, La Arrolladora Banda el Limón, Banda Cuisillos, Julio Chaidez, Banda de Jerez, Jenni Rivera, Chuy Lizarraga, Adair Elizalde, El Potro de Sinaloa, Calibre 50, Montez de Durango, Julión Álvarez, El Chapo de Sinaloa, and Duelo, among numerous others. Paz continues to write and record music of his own. In 2012 he shocked everyone by saying he was going to retire after a law suit from his manager that led to future problems, in which he lost popularity. In early 2014 he changed labels from "nueva generacion music group" to "Anval music" he recently had his newer single called "por que la engañe" in which is number one in different music groups. He will start a new tour in the United States after finishing a tour in the country of his birth, Mexico.
|Year||Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications
|2008||El Canta Autor Del Pueblo||
|2009||Yo No Canto, Pero Lo Intentamos||
|2010||Del Rancho Para el Mundo||
|2011||Canciones Que Duelen||
- 2004: Prohibido Perder
- 2007: Paz En Tu Corazon
- 2008: Amigos Con Derechos
- 2008: Mis Exitos Con Tololoche
- 2010: Mis Canciones Con Amor
- 2011: 15 Top Hits: Espinoza Paz
- 2011: Exitos Romanticos
- 2012: Enamorado Del Pueblo
- 2012: Un Hombre Normal
- 2012: Amigos De Espinoza Paz
- 2012: 16 Exitos De Oro
- El Paletero
- Te Compro
- Besitos En El Cuello
- "No Se"
- "Te Veias Mejor Conmigo
- " por que la engañe" version banda/pop
- " El Proximo Viernes "
- 2010: "24 Horas" (featuring David Bisbal) - Sin Mirar Atrás (24 Horas + Edition)
- 2012: "Asi O Mas" (featuring María José) - Un Hombre Normal
- 2012: "Me Voy" (with Paulina Rubio)
- Garibay, Daniel (15 November 2014). "Espinoza Paz Abre Su Alma". Vivelo Hoy (in Spanish). Agencia Reforma. Retrieved 16 July 2014. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard 200 Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard Top Latin Albums Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard Regional Mexican Albums Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- "Espinoza Paz Discography - Mexican Albums Chart". Mexicancharts. Archived from the original on 21 March 2013. Retrieved 22 November 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American certifications – "Paz, Espinoza"". Recording Industry Association of America.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>