Führungsakademie der Bundeswehr
|Führungsakademie der Bundeswehr|
|Motto||"Mens agitat molem"
(English: "Mind moves matter")
(1810 as Prussian Military Academy)
|Type||Highest military academy of the German armed forces, the Bundeswehr|
|Website||Führungsakademie der Bundeswehr|
The Military Academy of the German Armed Forces (German: Führungsakademie der Bundeswehr, FüAkBw) is the General Staff College (Senior Military Academe) of the German armed forces, the Bundeswehr, established in 1957 as the successor of the Prussian Military Academy, founded in 1810. Since 1958 it is located in Hamburg. Its motto is "Mens agitat molem", "Mind moves Matter".
The academy offer two main courses: The Lehrgang Generalstabs-Admiralstabsdienst National (LGAN), a 2-year course for staff officers from Germany, and other NATO or EU countries, and the Lehrgang Generalstabs-/Admiralstabsdienst mit internationaler Beteiligung (LGAI), a 10-month course, established in 1962, for staff officers from non-NATO/non-EU countries.
Between 1962 and 1997, ca. 800 officers from more than 80 nations were educated at the academy. Many former students have been appointed to high military positions in their respective countries after their studies.
- Pakistani Major General Raza Muhammad
- Pakistani General Khalid Shameem Wynne
- Sri Lankan Major General Devinda Kalupahana
- Dutch Brigadier General Leanne van den Hoek
- Pakistani Commodore Shahid Azmat Wain
- Pakistan Brigadier Tariq Ghafoor
- Norwegian Rear admiral Atle Torbjørn Karlsvik
- Norwegian Chief of Defence, General Harald Sunde
- Germany Commander Joint Force Command Brunssum, General Hans-Lothar Domröse
- Germany (former) Chairman of the NATO Military Committee, General Klaus Naumann
- Indonesian Armed Forces General Faisal Tanjung.
- Indonesian Air Force Air Marshal Herman Prayitno.
|This German university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a Hamburg building or structure is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|