First Army Division East
|First Army Division East|
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia
|Active||7 March 2007 – present|
|Branch||United States Army|
|Part of||First Army|
|Garrison/HQ||Fort Meade, Maryland|
|Motto||Train for Combat|
|Maj. Gen. Brian J. McKiernan|
|Command Sergeant Major||CSM Donald L. Rose|
First Army Division East is a division of the First United States Army. With its new role, the First Army developed two subordinate multi-component headquarters – one division to support the eastern United States and the other to support the western United States. First Army Division West was activated at Fort Carson, Colorado, and later moved to Fort Hood, Texas. First Army Division East was activated on 7 March 2007, and is headquartered at Fort George G. Meade, Maryland.
First Army Division East was established by Department of the Army Permanent Order 156-7 to provide training and readiness oversight and mobilization operations for an area of responsibility spanning 27 states and territories east of the Mississippi River. First Army Division East is responsible for mobilizing, training, readiness oversight and deploying the United States' Reserve and National Guard Soldiers, and selected Sailors and Airmen along with members of multiple interagency and governmental entities.
The division is organized into seven brigades located throughout the eastern United States with 52 total battalions.
- 20px 4th "Saber" Cavalry Brigade – Fort Knox, Kentucky. Formerly the 85th Division's 4th Brigade.
- 72nd "Warrior Eagle" Field Artillery Brigade – Fort Meade, Maryland. Formerly the 78th Division's 5th Brigade.
- 157th "Spartan" Infantry Brigade – Camp Atterbury, Indiana. Formerly the 87th Division's 5th Brigade.
- 174th "Patriot" Infantry Brigade – Fort Drum, New York. Formerly the 78th Division's 2nd Brigade.
- 177th "Mudcats" Armored Brigade – Camp Shelby, Mississippi. Formerly the 87th Division's 3rd Brigade.
- 188th "Battle Ready" Infantry Brigade – Fort Stewart, Georgia. Formerly the 87th Division's 4th Brigade.
- 205th "Bayonet" Infantry Brigade – Indianapolis, Indiana. Formerly the 85th Division's 3rd Brigade.
- 87th "Golden Acorn" Army Reserve Support Command (East) - Birmingham, Alabama. Formerly the 87th Division.
Division East currently operates three mobilization training centers located at Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center, Indiana; Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center, Mississippi; and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- United States First Army Division East Headquarters, Public Affairs Office