First Army Division West
|First Army Division West|
Shoulder Sleeve Insignia
|Active||March 7, 2007 – present|
|Branch||United States Army|
|Part of||First United States Army|
|Garrison/HQ||Fort Hood, Texas|
|Motto||First in the West|
|Engagements||Operation Iraqi Freedom
Operation New Dawn
Operation Enduring Freedom
Horn of Africa
|Maj. Gen. Jeffrey N. Colt|
|Command Sergeant Major||CSM Patrick K. Akuna, Jr.|
The First Army Division West is a division of the First United States Army. With its new role, the First Army developed two subordinate multi-component headquarters – one division to support the western United States and the other to support the eastern United States. First Army Division East was activated at Fort Meade, Maryland. First Army Division West was activated on 7 March 2007, and is headquartered at Fort Hood, Texas.
First Army Division West was established by the Department of the Army to provide training and readiness oversight and mobilization operations for an area of responsibility spanning the states and territories west of the Mississippi River. First Army Division West is responsible for mobilizing, training, readiness oversight and deploying the United States' Reserve Component and National Guard Soldiers, and selected Sailors and Airmen along with members of multiple interagency and governmental entities.
The division is organized into six brigades located throughout the western United States with 52 total battalions.
- 5th Armored Brigade – Fort Bliss, Texas. Formerly the 91st Division's 2nd Brigade.
- 120th Infantry Brigade – Fort Hood, Texas. Formerly the 75th Division's 2nd Brigade.
- 181st "Eagle" Infantry Brigade – Fort McCoy, Wisconsin. Formerly the 85th Division's 2nd Brigade.
- 189th "Bayonet" Infantry Brigade – Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. Formerly the 78th Division's 4th Brigade.
- 191st Infantry Brigade – Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. Formerly the 91st Division's 4th Brigade.
- 402nd Field Artillery Brigade – Fort Bliss, Texas. Formerly the 91st Division's 3rd Brigade.
- 85th "Custer" Army Reserve Support Command (West) - Arlington Heights, Illinois. Formerly the 85th Division
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.
- United States First Army Division West Headquarters, Public Affairs Office