April 12, 1942
Los Angeles, California, USA
|Died||April 13, 2013
Rancho Mirage, California, USA
|Occupation||Actor (1950–1989) and bond broker (after 1973)|
|Known for||Portraying Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford in Leave It to Beaver, first on CBS and then on ABC|
|Spouse(s)||Marlene Kay Blau (m. 1963–65)
Jeri Lynn Handelman (m. 1966–82)
Rebecca Fink (m. 1982–2013)
|Children||Two daughters with Jeri. Two step-daughters with Rebecca|
Frank Bank (April 12, 1942 – April 13, 2013) was an American actor, particularly known for his role as Clarence "Lumpy" Rutherford on the 1957–1963 situation comedy television series Leave It to Beaver.
Bank was cast in fifty episodes of Leave It to Beaver between January 24, 1958, until the series finale on May 30, 1963. Thereafter, he was cast as Clarence Rutherford in 101 episodes of the series sequel, The New Leave It to Beaver, which aired on cable television from 1983 to 1989.
Beginning in 1973, Bank became a bond broker in his native Los Angeles, California. His autobiography, Call Me Lumpy: My Leave It To Beaver Days and Other Wild Hollywood Life, was published in 1997.
Bank died April 13, 2013, in Rancho Mirage, California, one day after his 71st birthday, from undisclosed causes. He was survived by his third wife, Rebecca, four daughters, and five grandchildren. He is interred at Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery in Culver City, California.
- Ford Television Theatre as Clarence Miggs in "Life, Liberty and Orrin Dooley" (NBC, 1952)
- Leave It to Beaver as Clarence Rutherford (CBS, ABC, 1958–1963)
- Cimarron City as Henry Purdy (uncredited) in "The Bitter Lesson" (NBC, 1959)
- Bachelor Father (1962) as Jim Estabrook in "The Twain Shall Meet" (ABC, 1962)
- 87th Precinct as Punk (uncredited) in "Idol in the Dust" (NBC, 1962)
- Archie as Archie (unsold pilot, 1962)
- The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour as himself (December 1983)
- Still the Beaver (CBS-TV film), subsequently known as The New Leave It to Beaver (1983–1989) – Clarence Rutherford
- Cargo to Capetown (uncredited, 1950)
- The Story of Will Rogers as a young Will Rogers (1952)
- Leave It to Beaver (cameo, 1997)
- "Frank Bank". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved April 17, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Leave It to Beaver's' Lumpy Dead at 71". The Wrap. Retrieved 16 April 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Woo, Elaine (April 15, 2013), "Frank Bank dies at 71; played 'Lumpy' on 'Leave It to Beaver'", The Los Angeles Times<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Frank Bank at Find a Grave
- Bank, Frank; Twyman, Gibu (1997). Call Me Lumpy. Lenexa, KS: Addax. ISBN 1-886110-29-8.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>