Franklin Township, Fulton County, Ohio
|Franklin Township, Fulton County, Ohio|
|Former Ambrose Baptist Church on Road L
Former Ambrose Baptist Church on Road L
|Location of Franklin Township in Fulton County
Location of Franklin Township in Fulton County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||28.8 sq mi (74.6 km2)|
|• Land||28.7 sq mi (74.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||725 ft (221 m)|
|• Density||25.7/sq mi (9.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086124|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Gorham Township - north
- Chesterfield Township - northeast corner
- Dover Township - east
- Clinton Township - southeast corner
- German Township - south
- Brady Township, Williams County - west
- Mill Creek Township, Williams County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Franklin Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Fulton County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.