Free software (disambiguation)
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Look up free software in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Free software, defined by the Free Software Foundation, is software which may be used, copied, studied, modified and redistributed ("free as in free speech"), but is not necessarily available for no charge.
Free software may also refer to:
- Open-source software, which is virtually identical to free software, but the marketing is based on pragmatism rather than on idealism
- Free and open-source software, software that can be classified as both free software and open-source software
- Freeware, software available for zero price, but not necessarily with the rights to modify and redistribute it
- Freely redistributable software, which may be redistributed by anyone, though they might not be permitted omit any part of it (much less modify it) or to charge a fee for redistribution
- Free Software Magazine, US
- Free Software Magazine (China)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Free software.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.