Gales Creek, Oregon
|Gales Creek Store and Post Office
Gales Creek Store and Post Office
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
Gales Creek shares its name with a stream, a tributary of the Tualatin River, that was named for pioneer Joseph Gale, who settled in the area The locale was sometimes called Gales City. Gales Creek post office was established in 1874. In the 19th century the town was the last stagecoach stop on the way to Tillamook. Gales Creek Elementary School was established in 1859 and is served by the Forest Grove School District. The school closed in 2011, and currently acts as a special education treatment facility. The community is part of the Forest Grove Rural Fire Protection District, and includes a fire station.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- "Pioneer History: Churches of Christ & Christian Churches in the Pacific Northwest: Washington County, Oregon". Northwest College of the Bible. Retrieved 2007-12-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "County Bridges & Fire District Boundaries" (PDF). Washington County. Retrieved June 23, 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Media related to Gales Creek, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons
- Historic images of Gales Creek from Salem Public Library
- Gales Creek Chamber of Commerce
|This Washington County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|