George Bridgeman, 4th Earl of Bradford
|The Earl of Bradford|
Arms of the Earl of Bradford
|Born||3 February 1845|
|Died||2 January 1915
|Title||Earl of Bradford|
|Spouse(s)||Lady Ida Annabella Frances Lumley|
|Parents||Orlando Bridgeman, 3rd Earl of Bradford
The Hon. Selina Louisa Weld-Forester
The elder son of the 3rd Earl of Bradford and the Hon. Selina Louisa Forester, Bridgeman was educated at Harrow School, and served in the 1st Life Guards and the Shropshire Yeomanry, reaching the rank of Captain. He succeeded his father in his titles on 9 March 1898.
Bridgeman was Member of Parliament (MP) for North Shropshire from 1867 to 1885. He was Deputy Lieutenant of Warwickshire and Shropshire, as well as Justice of Peace for Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Shropshire.
On 7 September 1869, the then-Viscount Newport, married Lady Ida Frances Annabella Lumley (28 November 1848 – 22 August 1936), daughter of Richard Lumley, 9th Earl of Scarbrough (7 May 1813-5 December 1884), and Frederica Mary Adeliza Drummond (16 December 1826-2 April 1907) in Maltby, Yorkshire. They had seven children:
- Lady Beatrice Adine Bridgeman (2 December 1870 – 27 June 1952), married on 28 June 1894 to Colonel Rt. Hon. Ernest George Pretyman (13 November 1859-26 November 1931) and had issue.
- Lady Margaret Alice Bridgeman (20 January 1872 – 7 August 1954), married John Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 7th Duke of Buccleuch, on 30 January 1893 and had issue.
- Orlando Bridgeman, 5th Earl of Bradford (6 October 1873 – 21 March 1957)
- Lady Helena Mary Bridgeman (16 July 1875 – 27 August 1947), married Osbert Molyneux, 6th Earl of Sefton, on 8 January 1898 and had issue.
- Lady Florence Sibell Bridgeman (24 March 1877 – 16 June 1936), married Ronald Collet Norman, son of Frederick Henry Norman, on 10 February 1904 and had issue.
- Commander The Hon. Richard Orlando Beaconsfield Bridgeman (28 February 1879 – 9 January 1917), who was awarded the Distinguished Service Order and died in East Africa after the plane in which he was flying as observer, with Sqdn. Cdr. Edwin Rowland Moon as pilot, was forced to land with engine trouble. He was buried in Dar Es Salaam CWGC Cemetery.
- Lieutenant-Colonel The Hon. Henry George Orlando Bridgeman (15 August 1882 – 19 May 1972), married on 30 December 1930 to Joan Constable-Maxwell (22 March 1901-1991) and had issue.
- "Casualty Details: Bridgeman, Richard Orlando Beaconsfield". CWGC. Retrieved 31 May 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The London Gazette: . 3 December 1901.
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 10859 § 108589". The Peerage. Retrieved 17 November 2006. External link in
|publisher=(help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[unreliable source?]
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Bradford
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for North Shropshire
With: John Ormsby-Gore 1867–1876
Stanley Leighton 1876–1885
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Bradford