George Hamilton (police officer)
|Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland|
30 June 2014
|Preceded by||Matt Baggott|
|Born||George Ernest Craythorne Hamilton
Bangor, County Down
George Hamilton is the Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. He was previously the Assistant Chief Constable with responsibility for rural policing. He was selected to succeed Matt Baggott as the Chief Constable of the PSNI in May 2014, and took up his post in June of the same year. He Received the Queen's Police Medal in the 2015 Birthday Honours List.
Hamilton holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Politics and Economics and a Masters in Business Administration.
|Queen's Police Medal (QPM)||
|Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal||
|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal||
|Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal|
- "George Hamilton named as new PSNI Chief Constable". Irish Independent. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "Chief Constable George Hamilton - PSNI". Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- McDonald, Henry (29 May 2014). "George Hamilton to be chief constable of Police Service of Northern Ireland". The Guardian. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Kilpatrick, Chris (3 June 2014). "PSNI's new Chief Constable George Hamilton to take up post at Northern Ireland marching season's peak". The Belfast Telegraph. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Appointment date set for new Chief". Police Oracle. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "George Hamilton is new PSNI chief constable". BBC News. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "George Hamilton: New PSNI chief constable marks first day in job". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Kearney, Vincent (29 May 2014). "Police Service of Northern Ireland: Interviews for PSNI Chief Constable job". Retrieved 29 June 2014.
- "Chief Constable George Hamilton". PSNI. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
|Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland