|File:George Pettit Soundwave.jpg
Pettit performs live c.2010
|Birth name||George Pettit|
October 2, 1982 |
in Grimsby, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation(s)||Singer, musician, songwriter, DJ|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass|
|Labels||Distort Entertainment, Dine Alone Records|
|Associated acts||Alexisonfire, the Black Lungs, Fucked Up, Bergenfield Four, Dead Tired|
George Pettit (born on October 2, 1982 in Grimsby, Ontario), is a Canadian musician best known as the lead vocalist of the post-hardcore band Alexisonfire. He is also currently active as the vocalist of Dead Tired.
George grew up in the 'Gateway to Niagara' town of Grimsby. He attended Lakeview Public School for his elementary years, and Grimsby Secondary School where he began to realise his dream of becoming a rock artist through various small gigs throughout the area.
At the age of 17 George, joined by friends Dallas Green, Wade MacNeil, Chris Steele, and Jesse Ingelevics formed Alexisonfire. According to Pettit, he had a choice of going to art school or being in the band before the first tour. Pettit ultimately chose Alexisonfire who would later gain worldwide recognition.
Pettit is an avid record collector as well as a DJ, taking tips from the great DJ King Tubby. He is also known for his diverse music taste ranging from Rick James and Nancy Sinatra to the Screamers. Pettit was a juror on the first two episodes of Video On Trial, a television show on MuchMusic, under the alias George Logan. He also hosts Strange Notes, a television program which airs on BiteTV and aux.tv. The show features in-depth interviews conducted by George of artists that he finds interesting.
Since the dissolution of Alexisonfire in 2011, Pettit has retrained to become a firefighter in Hamilton.
Previously, a band called the Bergenfield Four (including Pettit alongside members of Attack in Black and Fucked Up) did their first show in Toronto, Ontario at the El Mocombo, in the fall of 2006. They released a four song 7" demo in April 2007.
George Pettit appears in the Cancer Bats videos for "100 Grand Canyon" and "Pneumonia Hawk" as well as contributing vocals to Pneumonia Hawk. He also appeared with Dallas Green on Jude the Obscure's album, on the song "Wake Up My Love", and as a guest vocalist on "Vivian Girls" by Fucked Up. He later contributed further guest vocals to Fucked Up's album Glass Boys.
Provided Guest vocals on the Recorded demo called "Brown EP" for the Hamilton band Monster Truck for the song entitled "Sworded Beest". Routinely appears at Ontario shows to jump on stage mid song.
- http://teamdistort.com Distort Entertainment Official Website
-  Archived February 5, 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Kerang Magazine Issue June 2009
- Chart Attack Article
- "George Pettit | PETTIT, George and Megan (nee MacDonald)". LifeNews.ca. 2009-12-21. Retrieved 2012-02-08.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Netglimse Biography
- "All Videos". Bite.ca. Retrieved 2012-02-08.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
-  Archived January 7, 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- List of Video on Trial episodes
- "Alexisonfire's George Pettit Becoming a Firefighter". Retrieved 2013-04-05.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>