Ghosts Can't Do It
|Ghosts Can't Do It|
|File:Ghosts Can't Do It FilmPoster.jpeg
|Directed by||John Derek|
|Written by||John Derek|
|Edited by||John Derek|
|Distributed by||Triumph Releasing|
The film was shot in 1989 and released on home video the same year in Australia. In the United States, the film received a theatrical release in 1990. It was panned by critics and "won" the 1990 Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Picture, tying with The Adventures of Ford Fairlane.
Scott and Kate are happily married despite their 30-year age difference. After Scott suffers a heart attack and is unable to make love, he commits suicide and becomes a ghost that only Kate can see and speak with. To make it possible for Scott to return as a human, they conjure up a plan to have a young man drown so that Scott can take his body.
- Bo Derek as Katie Scott (née O'Dare)
- Anthony Quinn as Scott
- Leo Damian as Fausto
- Julie Newmar as Angel
- Don Murray as Winston
- Donald Trump as himself
Awards and nominations
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress – Bo Derek (Won)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Picture (Won; tie with The Adventures of Ford Fairlane)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor – Donald Trump (Won) and Leo Damian (Nominated)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Director – John Derek (Won)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Screenplay – John Derek (Nominated)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst New Star – Donald Trump (Nominated) and Leo Damian (Nominated)
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress – Julie Newmar (Nominated)
- Stinkers Bad Movie Awards for Worst Picture (Nominated)
The reception was extremely negative. It was universally panned. On August 5th, 2015 The Cinema Snob (Brad Jones) reviewed this movie, stating: "This is one of the worst things in the history of things" and "This is a movie that has to be seen to be believed. You can't believe how much they're fucking up here."
- "Ghosts Can't Do It (1990)". The New York Times. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- "1990 13th Hastings Bad Cinema Society Stinkers Awards". Stinkers Bad Movie Awards. Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on October 17, 2006. Retrieved April 2, 2013. Unknown parameter
|deadurl=ignored (help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The Cinema Snob: GHOSTS CAN'T DO IT, retrieved December 5, 2015<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
|Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Picture||Succeeded by