Rrethi i Gjirokastrës
|Map showing the district within Albania
Map showing the district within Albania
|• Total||1,137 km2 (439 sq mi)|
|• Density||50/km2 (130/sq mi)|
Gjirokastër District (Albanian: Rrethi i Gjirokastrës) is one of the thirty-six districts of Albania. It has a population of 56,720 (2010 estimate) containing a large Greek minority, and an area of 1,137 km². It is in the south of the country, and its capital is Gjirokastër. Together with the Përmet District and the Tepelenë District, it forms the Gjirokastër County.
The district consists of the following municipalities:
- Dropull i Poshtëm
- Dropull i Sipërm
- Qendër Libohovë
Villages of Gjirokastër
- Andon Poci
- Asim Zenel
- Golem (Gjirokastër)
- Kolonjë (Gjirokastër) (not to be confused with Kolonjë District)
- Labova e Zhapes
- Labovë e Kryqit
- Poliçan (not to be confused with Poliçan of Skrapar District)
- "POPULLSIA SIPAS PREFEKTURAVE, 2001–2010". Albanian Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- "POPULLSIA SIPAS RRETHEVE, 2001-2010". Albanian Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- The Albanians, a scattered people, by Philippe Rekacewicz, Le Monde diplomatique, January 1999
- "Country Studies US: Greeks and Other Minorities". Retrieved September 6, 2006.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This article about a specific location in Gjirokastër County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|