Government Portal of Mauritius
Type of site
|Available in||English, French|
|Written in||Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft SQL|
|Editor||Government Online Center|
|88,551 (October 2015[update])|
The Government Portal of Mauritius is the official web portal of the Government of Mauritius. It presents information resources and online services from government sources, accessible from a single point. The portal provides access to websites of ministries and their departments, websites of state bodies and e-Services. It also provides various information such as weather, calendar of events, news articles, videos and polls among others.
On 30 November 2014, the Government Portal, Websites of Ministries and Departments, e-services and email address of Government officials was completely migrated to www.govmu.org from the previous domain www.gov.mu.
The portal has a number of features to make it easier to find government information and services:
It provides citizens and residents in Mauritius with a one-stop access to all government e-Service. There are two types of e-service, one requires registration as a member and the second provides forms in PDF format that a user can fill and submit online. Several services also accept credit card payment.
The Citizens section provides quick links to information about Life Events, Health Sports and Leisure, Education, Employment and Career, Taxes and Registration, Housing, Social Services, Transport, Crime and Justice, Citizen Rights and Safety and Security.
The Non-Citizens section provides quick links to information about visiting Mauritius, Relocating/Immigrating to Mauritius, Weddings in Mauritius, Working and Living in Mauritius, Studying in Mauritius, Doing Business in Mauritius and Permit and Licences.
The Government section provides quick links to information about the Government, Government Directory, Govt. Who's Who, Info. and Policies, Vacancies, Embassies and Consulates, Resources for Civil Servants, Green Mauritius, Publications and Research, Local Government and Rodrigues and Outer Islands.
The Business section provides quick links to information about Starting a Business, Invest in Mauritius, Small and Medium Enterprises, Permit and Licences, Finance and Grants, Taxes, Import and Export, Employment and Training, Health and Safety, Business Statistics, Green Mauritius and other links.
- "www.govmu.org Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- Patrice Donzelot (25 February 2013). "E-government – Le nouveau portail à Rs 50 M déjà lancé" (in français). Le Défi Media Group. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "gov.mu devient www.govmu.org" (in français). L'Express (Mauritius). Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- Patrice Donzelot (5 November 2014). "Portail du gouvernement : gov.mu devient govmu.org" (in français). Le Défi Media Group. Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Le nouveau portail du gouvernement attend 500 millions de clics en un an" (in français). L'Express (Mauritius). Retrieved 2 December 2014.
- "Gov.mu lance 35 nouveaux services en ligne" (in français). L'Express (Mauritius). 20 April 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2014.