Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport
|Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 5G8|
|Airport type||Public use|
|Owner||Richard H. King|
|Elevation AMSL||1,188 ft / 362 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport (FAA LID: 5G8) is a privately owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of Jeannette, a city in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. This airport was included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Greensburg Jeannette Regional Airport covers an area of 121 acres (49 ha) at an elevation of 1,188 feet (362 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,605 by 50 feet (794 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending November 22, 2011, the airport had 4,499 aircraft operations, an average of 12 per day: 98% general aviation and 2% military. At that time there were 5 aircraft based at this airport: 80% single-engine and 20% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 5G8 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2009–2013 NPIAS Report, Appendix A: Part 4" (PDF, 1.61 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 15, 2008. External link in
- Greensburg-Jeannette Regional Airport (5G8) at Pennsylvania DOT Bureau of Aviation
- Aerial image as of April 1993 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: