Guillaume de Lorris
|French literary history|
Guillaume de Lorris (c. 1200 – c. 1240) was a French scholar and poet from Lorris. He was the author of the first section of the Roman de la Rose. Little is known about him, other than that he wrote the earlier section of the poem around 1230, and that the work was completed forty years later by Jean de Meun.
- Guillaume (de Lorris); Jean (de Meun) (1970). Roman de la Rose. Librairie Honoré Champion. Retrieved 6 January 2011.
- This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). "Guillaume de Lorris". Encyclopædia Britannica. 12 (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- Works by Guillaume de Lorris at Project Gutenberg
- Roman de la Rose Digital Library
- Roman de la Rose From the Rare Book and Special Collections Division at the Library of Congress
- Cest le Romant de la rose From the Rare Book and Special Collections Division at the Library of Congress
- Roman de la rose at Somni
|This article about a poet from France is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|