GungHo Online Entertainment
|File:GungHo Online Entertainment logo.jpg|
|Public (JASDAQ: 3765)|
|Founded||July 1, 1998|
|Taizo Son, Chairman
Kazuki Morishita, President & CEO
|Services||Video game Development, Distribution, Operation|
Number of employees
GungHo Online Entertainment (Japanese: ガンホー・オンライン・エンターテイメント株式会社 Hepburn: Ganhō Onrain Entāteinmento Kabushikigaisha?, JASDAQ: 3765) is a Japanese video game corporation. They are primarily known for hosting the Japanese server of Ragnarok Online, as well as their development of Ragnarok DS for the Nintendo DS. More recently, the company has reported huge financial success thanks to its mobile game Puzzle & Dragons, which, in 2013, was reportedly responsible for 91% of the company's $1.6 billion revenues for the year.
- 1 History
- 2 Games
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- In 2000, the company moved its headquarters to Tokyo, Japan and changed its focus to providing auction systems, etc. using ASP.
- In 2002, the company once again changed its focus, this time to Online Game Services. Primarily hosting the Japanese server of Ragnarok Online.
- In 2004 the company began joint development of online games with Game Arts Co., Ltd..
- In March 2005, the company was listed on the Hercules Nippon New Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange.
- In August 2005, the company invested in G-Mode Co., Ltd. a game manufacturer for mobile phones.
- In December 2005, the MMORPG developed by GungHo, Emil Chronicle Online, was officially released.
- In August 2006, they completed the contract to distribute Ragnarok Online II.
- In February 2007, a licensing agreement was signed with Nintendo, for development on the Nintendo DS platform.
- In October 2007, GungHo Works, Inc., behind the development of Ragnarok DS, was established.
- In April 2008, Gravity Co., Ltd. was acquired as a subsidiary.
- In January 2013, GungHo acquired Grasshopper Manufacture, the studio behind titles such as No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw.
GungHo offers services for the following games.
() is the official launch date or beta.
- Ragnarok Online (December 1, 2001)
- Tantra (March 10, 2004)
- Emil Chronicle Online (August 1, 2005)
- Hiten Online (April 19, 2007)
- Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine (June 26, 2007)
- ROSE Online (March 26, 2009)
- Grandia Online (August 26, 2009)
- Lucent Heart (2009)
- Blade Chronicle (2009)
- Ragnarok DS (February 1, 2010)
- Eternal City 2 (June 23, 2010)
- DIVINA (September 9, 2010)
- Grand Fantasia
- ROSE Online
- Le Ciel Bleu
- Ragnarok Online II (β August 30, 2007 - September 27, 2007)
- Open Beta was suspended for the redevelopment of the title. It is still undetermined when the title will once again be available.
- Codename: Rondo
- eXtreme Soccer (β August 11, 2006 – 2008)
- Beta suspended in 2008. It is still undetermined when the title will be available.
These titles are no longer available.
- Survival Project (June 29, 2004 - August 31, 2006)
- A3 (October 15, 2004 - November 1, 2007)
- GetAmped (April 27, 2004 - January 31, 2006)
- Saiyuki Reload Gunlock (September 1, 2004 - January 31, 2006)
- Squirrel Pot 2 (May 25, 2004 - December 28, 2007)
- Mahjong (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Koi Koi Playing Cards (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Poker (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Millionaire (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Shanghai (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Chat (May 31, 2007 - March 26, 2008)
- Pachinko Slot (September 6, 2007 - November 4, 2008)
- Hakenden (June 4, 2008 - October 29, 2008)
- Yogurting (September 1, 2005 - May, 2010)
- Tetris Online (October 23, 2007 - July 5, 2011)
- Solfege: Sweet Harmony
- Mimana Iyar Chronicle
- Cho Aniki Zero
- P.W: Project Witch
- Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
- Ragnarok Tactics
- Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo!! (Nintendo DS version)
- Nakamura Tooru Kanshuu: India Shiki Keisan Drill DS (The Method of Indian Calculation)
- Aquazone DS
- Ragnarok DS
- Hero's Saga Laevatein Tactics
- Minna de Jibun no Setsumeisho: B-Gata, A-Gata, AB-Gata, O-Gata
- Ecolis: Aoi Umi to Ugoku Shima
-  Company History
- Ragnarok DS
- "トイ・ウォーズ《公式サイト》 ｜フィギュアで戦うシューティング".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Puzzle & Dragons". GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. Retrieved 6 February 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>