|Guy P. Nason|
|Born||28 August 1966|
|Institutions||University of Bristol|
|Alma mater||University of Bath
University of Cambridge
|Doctoral advisor||Robin Sibson|
|Doctoral students||Idris Eckley
Nason received his BSc from the University of Bath in 1988, a diploma in Mathematical Statistics from the University of Cambridge in 1989, and a PhD in Statistics from the University of Bath in 1992. He served as a Council member of the Royal Statistical Society (2004–08) and is a member of the EPSRC Strategic Advisory Team for Mathematics. He was an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellow during 2000–5 and was awarded the Guy Medal in bronze by the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) in 2001. He took over the post as head of mathematics at Bristol from Stephen Wiggins in 2008.
Nason is best known for his work in the area of time series analysis, especially wavelet approaches. He has served as the Secretary of the RSS Research Section (2002–04), associate editor for the Journal of the RSS, Series B, Computational Statistics and Statistica Sinica and is currently an associate editor for Biometrika.
- NASON, Prof. Guy Philip, Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2014
- Abstracts and speaker biographies, Graybill Conference, June 11–13, 2006, Colorado State University. Accessed August 15, 2011
- Previous award recipients, Royal Statistical Society . Accessed August 15, 2011
- G. P. Nason & R. von Sachs "Wavelets in Time Series Analysis" Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London A, 1999, 357, 2511–2526
- G.P. Nason, R von Sachs & G Kroisandt "Wavelet processes and adaptive estimation of the evolutionary wavelet spectrum." Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 2000, 62, 271–292
- G. P. Nason Wavelet Methods in Statistics with R (Use R), Springer-Verlag, ISBN 0-387-75960-3
- Editorial Board, Biometrika. Accessed 5 September 2011