Hariprasad Vyas was born on 25 May 1904 in Bodka village near Vadodara, Gujarat. He passed matriculation in 1921 in Vadodara. He served as Manager in the office of Zenith Life and General Insurance from 1925 to his retirement. He died on 13 July 1980 in San Jose, California, US.
Hariprasad Vyas created several popular fictional characters for children's literature in Gujarati language including Bakor Patel, Shakri Patlani, Vaghjibhai Vakil, Untadiya Doctor, Hathishankar Dhamdhamiya, Bhotvashankar. He wrote humorous stories of Bakor Patel in children's biweekly Gandiv published by Gandiv Sahitya Madir, Surat from 1936 to 1955. These stories are later published as story collections. His works include Bakor Patel (30 works), Bhejabaj Bhagabhai (6 works), Hathishankar Dhamdhamiya (6 books), Bhotvashankarna Parakramo, Sundar Sundar (6 works), Balvinod, Hasyavinod, Anandvinod. He also published ten collections of children's plays under Chalo Bhajavie series. He also wrote several humorous essays collected under various titles; Hasyazarna, Hasyakillol, Hasyavasant, Kathahasya, Patnini Shodhama, Andhale Behru, Pothimana Ringana.
- Amit Dasgupta (1 January 1995). Telling Tales: Children's Literature in India. Taylor & Francis. p. 38. ISBN 978-81-224-0748-8.
- Suresh Jani (16 October 2012). "વ્યાસ હરિપ્રસાદ મણિરાય, Vyas Hariprasad Maniray". ગુજરાતી પ્રતિભા પરિચય (in ગુજરાતી). Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- Peter Hunt (2 September 2003). International Companion Encyclopedia of Children's Literature. Routledge. p. 802. ISBN 978-1-134-87993-9.
- The Indian P.E.N. 1955. p. 399.
- Kothari, Urvish (1 March 2004). "બકોર પટેલ : એકવીસમી સદીમાં". gujarati world (in ગુજરાતી). Retrieved 22 September 2015.