Hell or High Water (film)
|Hell or High Water|
|File:Hell or High Water film poster.jpg
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David Mackenzie|
|Produced by||Sidney Kimmel
|Written by||Taylor Sheridan|
|Music by||Nick Cave
|Edited by||Jake Roberts|
|Distributed by||CBS Films|
Hell or High Water is a 2016 American heist crime film directed by David Mackenzie and written by Taylor Sheridan. The script is the winner of 2012 Black List. It is about two brothers who plan a bank robbery to save their family farm. The film stars Chris Pine, Ben Foster and Jeff Bridges. Filming began on May 26, 2015 in Clovis, New Mexico.
It was previously titled Comancheria. At Cinemacon 2016 in Las Vegas, a standee was presented for the film revealing that the title had been changed to Hell or High Water. It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival.
A divorced dad and his ex-con brother plan a bank robbery to save their family's West Texas farm from foreclosure, while two Texas Rangers are set to catch both brothers.
- Chris Pine as Toby
- Ben Foster as Tanner
- Jeff Bridges as Marcus
- Katy Mixon as Jenny Ann
- Gil Birmingham as Alberto Parker
- Christopher W. Garcia as Randy
- Dale Dickey as Elsie
- Kevin Rankin as Billy Rayburn
- Melanie Papalia as Emily
On April 18, 2012, Deadline reported that Sidney Kimmel Entertainment had acquired the heist film Comancheria, scripted by Taylor Sheridan, which SKE would finance and produce with Peter Berg of Film 44. Berg was also potentially attached to direct the film. Endgame Entertainment and Focus Features were also among the studios bidding for the project against SKE. The script won the best Black List script in 2012. On April 2, 2015, it was announced that Jeff Bridges was set to star, while Chris Pine and Ben Foster were also in talks to join. David Mackenzie was set to direct the film. On May 4, 2015, Pine and Foster were confirmed to play two brothers in the film, who attempted a bank robbery to save their family's farm in the West Texas, while Bridges would play a West Texas Ranger set to catch the brothers. CBS Films acquired the US rights to the film, which Sidney Kimmel of Sidney Kimmel Entertainment and Peter Berg of Film 44 would produce, along with Julie Yorn of LBI Entertainment, while Odd Lot Entertainment would also co-produce and co-finance the film along with SKE.
- "Asghar Farhadi’s ‘The Salesman’ Joins Cannes Film Festival Competition". Variety. April 22, 2016.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (April 18, 2012). "Ex-'Sons Of Anarchy' Actor Taylor Sheridan Sells Script To Sidney Kimmel Entertainment". deadline.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- Finke, Nikki (December 17, 2012). "The Black List 2012: Screenplay Roster". deadline.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- Jaafar, Ali (April 2, 2015). "Jeff Bridges To Star In David Mackenzie’s ‘Comancheria'; Chris Pine, Ben Foster Circling". deadline.com. Retrieved April 27, 2015.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 4, 2015). "Cannes: CBS Films Picks Up Chris Pine Action Movie 'Comancheria' for U.S. (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "On the Set for 6/1/15: James Gunn Starts Shooting ‘The Belko Experiment’, Michael Keaton Begins Mcdonald’s Biopic ‘The Founder’ & More". ssninsider.com. June 1, 2015. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Fleming, Jr., Mike (May 4, 2015). "‘Comancheria’ With Chris Pine, Ben Foster & Jeff Bridges Acquired By CBS Films". deadline.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- Garcia, Thomas (June 2, 2015). "Hollywood comes to Tucumcari". Quay County Sun. Retrieved May 16, 2016.
- Canon, Brittney (May 23, 2015). "Lights, camera, 'Comancheria'". Portales News-Tribune. Retrieved May 16, 2016.