|Stable release||v14 / 2014|
|Type||CAD, Building Information Modeling|
IDEA Architecture (previously known as IDEA Architectural) is a BIM CAD software for architects and designers, built on top of IntelliCAD by 4M Software company. IDEA's BIM structure, provides a smart model shaping and high design accuracy, directly applied to the real 3D building model. All the building elements (i.e. walls, openings, slabs, beams, roofs, stairs etc.) are intelligent objects carrying their own attributes. They can be freely reshaped through parametric dialogs and expert algorithms, therefore providing a user-friendly modeling environment. Architectural design is further facilitated by high-quality photorealism, smooth 3D/4D walkthrough and other capabilities such as the bill of materials, the smart topographical component, the seamless integration between IDEA and the other vertical software applications of the 4M Building Design Suite (i.e. STRAD Structural and FINE MEP).
IDEA Architecture is also renown to offer "BIM capabilities in combination with AutoCAD-like functionality and DWG compatibility" as well as a "full IFC compatibility", two features which facilitate an easy transition for the CAD users and the BIM designers.
- Building Information Modeling
- FINE MEP
- List of computer-aided design editors
- Comparison of CAD, CAM and CAE file viewers
- Comparison of CAD editors for AEC
- 4M - IDEA Architecture's official product website
- 4M - 4M's BIM Suite website
- 4M - The manufacturer's website
- 4M Videos of IDEA Architecture on Youtube
- BIM Applications listed on BuildingSmart, the "international home of open bim"
- Institute for BIM in Canada
- The IDEA BIM Architectural - BIM application on top of IntelliCAD
- IntelliCAD success stories by ITC, the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium
- OEM version of IDEA Architectural in France - AECCafe
- Managing BIM Technology in the Building Industry - AECbytes Viewpoint #35: February 12, 2008
- AECbytes Product Review of IDEA : May 20, 2010
- Article in upFront.eZine from Ralph Grabowski : April 6, 2010
|This computer-aided design software article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|