III Tactical Air Command
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|III Tactical Air Command|
|Branch||United States Army Air Force|
|Type||Command and Control|
|Part of||Third Air Force|
|Engagements||World War II|
- Constituted as: III Ground Air Support Command on 15 May 1942
- Activated on 19 May 1942.
- Redesignated as: III Air Support Command in September 1942
- Redesignated as: III Reconnaissance Command in August 1943
- Redesignated as: III Tactical Air Command in March 1944
- Disbanded on 24 October 1945.
- Third Air Force, 19 May 1942 – 24 October 1945
- I Tactical Air Division formerly III): 1944-1945
- II Tactical Air Division: 1944-1945
- III Tactical Air Division(formerly I): 1944
- Birmingham Airport, Alabama, 19 May 1942
- Barksdale Field, Louisiana, c. 1 April 1944 – 24 October 1945.
At various times, trained dive bombardment, light bombardment, and reconnaissance organizations and personnel; also gave air support to ground units in training and participated in air-ground maneuvers and demonstrations
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).