ISO 21500:2012, Guidance on Project Management, is an international standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization, or ISO starting in 2007 and released in 2012. It was intended to provide generic guidance, explain core principles and what constitutes good practice in project management. The ISO technical committee dealing with project management, ISO/PC 236 was held by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) which had approved four standards that used PMI materials. one of which was ANSI/PMI 99-001-2008, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge - 4th Edition (PMI BoK® Guide - 4th Edition) (revision and re-designation of ANSI/PMI 99-001-2004): 11/20/2008.
ISO plans for this standard (21500) to be the first in a family of project management standards. ISO also designed this standard to align with other, related standards such as ISO 10006:2003, Quality management systems − Guidelines for quality management in projects, ISO 10007:2003, Quality management systems − Guidelines for configuration management, ISO 31000:2009, Risk management – Principles and guidelines. Since ISO 21500:2012 is a guidance document, it is not intended to be used for certification/registration purposes.
- List of ISO standards
- ASCE Body of Knowledge project ( or ASCE BoK)
- Project Management Institute Body of Knowledge project ( or PM BoK)
- Project management
For industry analysis of ISO 21500, see also:
- An overview of ISO 21500 as well as an abbreviated version "the pocket guide" available as a sample file. (Accessed March 2014)  and favorably commented upon by one industry observer.
- PMBoK versus ISO 21500 (Accessed March 2014)
- Comparison of ISO 21500 and PMBOK® Guide (Accessed March 2014)
- "ISO launches work on international standard for project management". ISO. 2007.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "ANSI Standards Action, page 17" (PDF). American National Standards Institute (ANSI). 2008. Retrieved 2016-01-22.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "New ISO standard on project management". ISO. 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Zandhuis, Anton, Rommert Stellingwerf, ISO 21500 Guidance on project management - A Pocket Guide, Van Haren Publishing, May 2013, Netherlands, front cover
- "Are Project Management Guides Useful?". Max Wideman. 2014. Retrieved 2016-01-22.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This engineering-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|