|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Regional unit||West Athens|
|• Mayor||Nikos Zenetos|
|• Municipality||9.453 km2 (3.650 sq mi)|
|Elevation||150 m (490 ft)|
|• Municipality density||9,000/km2 (23,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||131 xx, 133 xx|
Ilion lies southeast of the mountain Aigaleo, 6 km (4 mi) northwest of Athens city centre. Neighbouring municipalities are Agioi Anargyroi-Kamatero to the north and east, Petroupoli to the northwest and Peristeri to the south. The main streets are Fylis Avenue, Thivon Avenue, Idomeneos Street and Protesilaou Street.
Sites of interest
Ilion hosts many athletic clubs in several sports. The most of them play in the amateur divisions. Presence or earlier presence in the higher divisions in their sport have the clubs Olympiakos Neon Liosion and Enosi Iliou.
|Notable sport clubs based in Ilion|
|Olympiakos Neon Liosion||1952||Football||Earlier presence in Beta Ethniki|
|Enosi Iliou||2002||Basketball||Presence in Beta Ethniki, basketball|
Ilion, Greece is twinned with:
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Ilion municipality website
- "Αθλητικοί Σύλλογοι". ilion.gr. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- September 1999 earthquake in Nea Liosia
- (Greek) Municipality of Ilion
- (Greek) From Nea Liosia to Ilion