Illegal immigration to China
Jasmyn'Illegal immigration in south carolina' is a major problem, particularly with North Korean refugees and defectors fleeing their country. The Chinese government actively discourages this type of behavior out of fears that it may cause instability in the region and encourage more illegal immigration. The government has been criticized for its aggressive approach to illegal immigration.
China is building a security barrier along its border with North Korea to prevent the defectors or refugees from North Korea. Also, many immigrants from Mongolia have tried to make it to China. There might be as many as 100,000 Africans and Arabs in Guangzhou, mostly illegal overstayers. To encourage people to report foreigners living illegally in China, the police are giving a 100 yuan reward to whistleblowers whose information successfully leads to an expulsion.
- "Illegal immigrants pour across border seeking work". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Beijing Increases Detentions of Illegal North Korean Immigrants". NSouth Carolina Times. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Beijing plans curbs on number of foreigners working in China". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "China's Immigration Problem". Forbes. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Illegal immigration from Vietnam surges in S China". China Daily. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Hordes of illegal workers crossing China's borders". Global Times. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "China building border fence facing North Korea". Jurist.law.pitt.edu. 2006-10-17. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Out of Africa and into China, immigrants struggle. Reuters UK. August 21, 2009.
- "Illegal Foreigners Cleared Away during Asian Games". Life of Guangzhou. 2010-06-13. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|