Illegal immigration to Russia
In 2012, the Russian Federal Security Service's Border Service stated there had been an increase in illegal migration from the ex soviet states, such as Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova. Under legal changes made in 2012, illegal immigrants who are caught will be banned from reentering the country for 10 years.
The problem has become so severe it has caused a rise in Russian nationalism, and spawned groups like Movement Against Illegal Immigration, was banned by the Moscow City Court in 2011 on the grounds that it "ignites inter-ethnic hatred".
- Demographics of Russia
- List of countries by foreign-born population
- List of sovereign states and dependent territories by fertility rate
- "Новости NEWSru.com :: ФМС: в РФ нелегально работают 3 млн трудовых мигрантов, остальные 4 млн "халтурят" с налогами". Newsru.com. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Migration law violators to be banned from entering Russia – Putin". Russia Today. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Illegal immigrants can be barred from Russia for 5-10 years". The Voice of Russia. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Russia closed for immigration?". Russia Beyond The Headlines. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "The Backlash Against Immigration in Russia". Newsweek. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Some 500 illegal immigrants from Vietnam arrested in Moscow". RIA Novosti. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
- "Court bans Russian anti-illegal immigration movement". Russia Today. April 18, 2011. Retrieved December 27, 2015.