Indiana Attorney General
The Indiana Attorney General is the chief legal officer of the State of Indiana in the United States. Attorneys General are chosen by a statewide general election to serve for a four-year term. The forty-second and current[update] Attorney General is Greg Zoeller.
The annual salary of the Attorney General of Indiana is $79,400.
List of Indiana Attorneys General
|Attorney General||Political Party||Term of Service|
|John Rice Jones||1808–1816|
Under the 1816 Constitution of Indiana the office of Attorney General was filled by appointment. After the adoption of the 1851 constitution, the office was filled by popular election.
- "Information Maintained by the Office of Code Revision Indiana Legislative Services Agency". State of Indiana. 2008-11-22. Retrieved 2008-11-23.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- See http://www.in.gov/library/3239.htm, a list of historic Attorneys General compiled by staff of the Indiana State Library.
- Indiana Attorney General official website
- Indiana Attorney General articles at Legal Newsline Legal Journal
- Indiana Attorney General articles at ABA Journal
- News and Commentary at FindLaw
- Indiana Code at Law.Justia.com
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions - "Cases with title containing: State of Indiana" at FindLaw
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller profile at National Association of Attorneys General
- Press releases at Indiana Attorney General