|Occupation||model, television presenter|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Early life and education
Born on 7th May 1983 and raised in Muscat in a Bengali family of engineers, Dasgupta studied at Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram. After her schooling she did her B.A. Economics Honours from Miranda House, University of Delhi, followed by M.A in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University in 2004.
An aspiring lawyer, she ventured into the modelling at the age of 18, when while studying at Miranda House, she was spotted by designer Ashish Soni, who asked her walk ramp for his clothing line. This started her modelling career, however she continued her studies on the side.
Indrani has had stints as the brand ambassador of Lakmé and Allen Solly women's garments and has worked in five Lakme Fashion Weeks, besides appearing TV ad campaigns and print commercials for Airtel, LG, Parachute Oil, Panasonic, and Santro. She has also appeared in music videos, like rock band Euphoria's number "Kaise Bhoolegi Mera Naam" from the album Phir Dhoom (2000).
Indrani appears on runways of fashion like for Lakme Fashion Week, Wills lifestyle Fashion Week, Blender's Pride Fashion Week, etc.
Indrani Dasgupta conducts women empowerment workshops and presentation sessions with NGOs.
- "Indrani Dasgupta Biography". Just For Her. Retrieved 2015-08-16.
- "Hottie alert: model Indrani Dasgupta". Cosmopolitan. April 2008. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Our girls, their girls". The Telegraph. October 5, 2008. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Model hopes to return to books and backbenches at JNU". Indian Express. Mar 29, 2009. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Joyride on the ramp". The Hindu. October 9, 2003. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "What's with a supermodel?". The Hindu. July 14, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "India Fashion Week 2007:Indrani Das Gupta". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "Television : Men explored". The Hindu. Jun 10, 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-18.
- "addlife caring minds". addlifecaringminds. March 22, 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-22.