Reliability is one of the factors by which the credibility of Infogalactic pages and Galaxians are rated. Reliability is rated from one to nine on the following scale, with one representing least reliable to nine representing maximum reliability.
1. Direct information from an unrelated party not confirmed to be privy to the subject matter.
2. Social science studies. High school or university textbooks.
3. Mainstream media articles.
4. General historical consensus.
5. Wikipedia's "reliable source" standard.
6. Unsupported direct information from a first-hand source. Consensus history published in books and academic papers.
7. Government documentation.
8. Published and replicated scientific evidence.
9. Direct testimonial evidence from a first-hand source, supported by unrelated evidence from other sources.