Here's a thought
I'm fairly new here, and I see that infogalatic has no page for signature guidelines, rather, it points over to Wikipedia. I thought it might be a good idea to have our own page with our own guidelines for signatures instead. I'm still pretty new here, so I'm not going to start writing what I think the signature guidelines should be. I thought I'd throw it out to our more established editors, so what do you think our signature guidelines should be ? NathanExplosion (talk) 14:38, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Can you provide the name of the page? We need to convert that to our own. Also, please do add your additional thoughts here. -- Crew (talk) 15:21, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
My thoughts on signatures
My thoughts about signature are:
- Yes We should ban images in signatures due to them taking up additional resources.
- Yes We should ban promotions or the really lame "sign my guestbook" type of baloney in signatures
- But Not get so hung up on the number of characters in a signature as long as it doesn't cause the signature to become too long or too tall when rendered. For example Nathan Explosion is fine, but Nathan Explosion should be disallowed as it creates a signature that's oversized and overwhelming. Bottom line, as long as the signature is not intrusive, blinking, or retinal burning, character length should be irrelevant since we're not back in the dark ages of the internet using SLIPPP connections and Lynx browsers.
- Yes Disallow blinking or retinal burning color combinations as outright annoying.
That's what I'm thinking right now... so what does everyone else think ? NathanExplosion (talk) 18:34, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
- I don't know why signatures are an issue. I have yet to see anyone use a large font, intense colours, or whatever. Granted most IG articles are copies of WP or so obscure and intentionally scrubbed from Google searches anyway... And if they did have annoying signatures, who really cares? That's like SJW's insisting that we don't call them trannies because they might get offended. I'll call them what I want, though I'll usually want to be polite and respect whoever's desire to be called whatever as long as it's generally convenient. Why does this need policing? I'm for less rules. I'm annoyed when people forget to add their signature, but I'm not going to write a rule abou tit. ~ JasonCarswell (talk) 05:31, 16 October 2018 (UTC)