International Union of Immunological Societies
|Jorge Kalil Brazil|
|International Council for Science (ICSU)|
|Website||IUIS Official website|
The International Union of Immunological Societies (IUIS), a member of the International Council for Science, is an organization which serves as an umbrella organization for many national and regionally grouped immunological societies. The organization was founded in 1969. The ten founding member societies were the American Association of Immunologists, British Society for Immunology, Canadian Society for Immunology, Dutch Society for Immunology, Gesellschaft fur Immunologie, Israel Immunological Society, Polish Society of Immunology, Scandinavian Society for Immunology, Societe Francaise d’immunologie, and Yugoslav Immunological Society. IUIS had 69 member societies in 2014.
The 2013-2016 executive committee of the IUIS is Jorge Kalil, President; Alberto Mantovani, Vice-President; Seppo Meri, Secretary General; Nick King, Treasurer; Stefan Kaufmann, Past President.
Every three years the IUIS organizes an international congress, called the International Congress of Immunology (ICI), with one of its national society members. The 2013 ICI was held in Milan, Italy. The next ICI will take place in Melbourne, Australia in 2016. Beijing, China will host the ICI in 2019.
Frontiers in Immunology is the IUIS' official journal.
The standing committees of the IUIS are Clinical Immunology, Education, Primary Immunodeficiencies, Nomenclature, Quality Assessment and Standardization, Veterinary and Gender Equality and Career Development.
|14.||2010||Kobe||Japan||2010-2013||Stefan H. E. Kaufmann||Germany|
|13.||2007||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil||2007-2010||Peter C. Doherty||Australia|
|11.||2001||Stockholm||Sweden||2001-2004||Philippa Marrack||United Kingdom|
|10.||1998||New Delhi||India||1998-2001||Fritz Melchers||Switzerland|
|9.||1995||San Francisco||United States||1995-1998||Tomio Tada||Japan|
|7.||1988||Berlin||Germany||1989-1992||Jacob B. Natvig||Denmark|
|5.||1983||Kyoto||Japan||1983-1986||Alain L. de Weck||Switzerland|
|4.||1980||Paris||France||1980-1983||Baruj Benacerraf||United States|
|2.||1974||Brighton||England||1974-1977||John Humphrey||United Kingdom|
|1.||1971||Washington, D.C.||United States||1971-1974||Bernard Cinader||Canada|
- "IUIS - International union of immunological societies".
- Geha RS, Notarangelo LD, Casanova JL, et al. (October 2007). "Primary immunodeficiency diseases: an update from the International Union of Immunological Societies Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases Classification Committee". J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 120 (4): 776–94. PMC . PMID 17952897. doi:10.1016/j.jaci.2007.08.053.
- History of the IUIS Retrieved 05/11/2015.
- International Union of Immunological Societies records, 1969-2001 at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Archival papers of Bernhard Cinader, founder and first president of the society from 1966-1969, are held at University of Toronto Archives and Records Management Services
|This immunology article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|