List of Iowa Attorneys General
The List of Iowa Attorneys General includes those elected to and appointed to the post of (U.S. state of) Iowa Attorney General; the office was created February 9, 1853. The Attorney General's office is housed in the Lucas State Office Building in Des Moines.
(As stated in Iowa law)
The powers and duties of the office include: representing the departments and agencies of state government; taking action for citizens in consumer protection and other areas; enforcing the state's environmental protection laws; playing a central role in the criminal justice system; and providing assistance and advocacy for the victims of crime. The Attorney General also issues legal opinions on questions of law submitted by elected or appointed state officials and defends all tort claim actions against the state. Iowa is unique in that its Attorney General belongs to the judicial branch of government, as opposed to the executive branch of government, as do 48 of the other 50 states.
- Iowa Official Register. Iowa State Law Library: Iowa Secretary of State. 1999–2000. p. 20.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "various Iowa Official Registers". Iowa. Retrieved 2007-08-14.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "History of Iowa Vol. III Directory of Public Officials". Iowa History Project. GenWeb.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Portrait and biographical record of Johnson, Poweshiek and Iowa counties, Iowa. 1893.
- Iowa Attorney General official website
- Iowa Attorney General articles at Legal Newsline Legal Journal
- Iowa Attorney General articles at ABA Journal
- News and Commentary at FindLaw
- Iowa Code at Law.Justia.com
- U.S. Supreme Court Opinions - "Cases with title containing: State of Iowa" at FindLaw
- The Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller profile at National Association of Attorneys General
- Press releases at Iowa Attorney General