12 July 1930 .|
Burnley, Lancashire, England
Irene Sutcliffe (born 12 July 1930) is an English actress. She is best known for playing Maggie Clegg in ITV's Coronation Street, a role she played from 1968 until 1975. She has had a long career; her first credited TV role was in 1953 on BBC's Sunday Night Theatre, and her most recent, in Doctors was in 2010.
- Doctors (2010) as Joan Woolf in the Episode "The Tiptoe of Expectation" (Season 12, Episode 33)
- Doc Martin (2007) as Janet in the episode "Nowt So Queer"
- Miss Marple (1987) as Miss Gorringe in the Episode "At Bertram's Hotel" (Episode 7)
- All Creatures Great & Small (1989) as Sister Rose in the Episode "The New World" (Season 6, Episode 7)
- Juliet Bravo (1984) as Mrs Williams in the Episode "Getting Away With It" (Season 5, Episode 4)
- Coronation Street (1968–1974,75) as Maggie Clegg / Cooke, Series Regular
- Sunday Night Theatre (1953) as Desdemona in the Episode "Will Shakespeare"
- Withnail & I (1987) as a waitress
- Death on the Nile (BBC Radio 4 adaptation) (1997) as Mrs Van Shuyler
- Lancashire Telegraph Accessed 2010
|This article about an English television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a British television actor born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|