|Headquarters||New York City|
itBit is a New York fintech company that develops blockchain technology for asset trading and operates a bitcoin exchange. itBit's Bankchain™ product is a private distributed ledger built for integration in established financial services companies.
The company received more than US$5 million in venture capital from Canaan Partners, RRE Ventures, Liberty City Ventures, and angel investors Jay W. Jordan II and Ben Davenport in their initial funding round. itBit's Series A round raised $25 million from PRE Venture, Liberty City Venture, and others.
- Matthew Leising (2015-11-18). "Blockchain Revolution Butts Head With Creaky Banking Pay Systems". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- James Vincent (2013-11-12). "itBit, a NASDAQ-powered Bitcoin currency exchange, raises $3.25m in funding - News - Gadgets & Tech". The Independent. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- "itBit Raises $3.25 Million To Launch A New Global Bitcoin Exchange For Institutional Investors". TechCrunch. 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "itBit Launches Bitcoin Exchange with $5.5M in Funding". The Genesis Block. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- Ian Allison (2015-08-13). "Bitcoin exchange itBit opens up about its private and exclusive Bankchain project". International Business Times. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- Ploshay, Jon (2014-07-07). "Seeing Opportunities In The US, itBit Relocates To NYC, Names New CEO". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2014-07-07.
- Jerin Matthew. "Singapore's ItBit Capitalises on Transaction Malleability Issue at Other Bitcoin Exchanges". Ibtimes.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- Daniel Cawrey (@danielcawrey) (2014-02-16). "itBit Offers Incentives for Bitcoin Traders to Switch Exchanges". Coindesk.com. Retrieved 2014-02-21.
- Ploshay, Elizabeth (2013-11-11). "itBit to Launch as a Global Bitcoin Currency Exchange – Bitcoin Magazine". Bitcoinmagazine.com. Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- Higgins, Stan (2015-05-07). "ItBit Nets $25 Million, Launches NYDFS-Approved Bitcoin Exchange". coindesk.com. Retrieved 2015-12-10.
- "How Charles Cascarilla helped itBit defy naysayers to become bitcoin’s first chartered company - New York Business Journal". New York Business Journal. 11 May 2015.
- Reem Nasr (2015-05-07). "NY grants first banking license to bitcoin exchange itBit". Cnbc.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Bitcoin Exchange Receives First License in New York State". The New York Times. Retrieved 2015-08-12.