Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro
|Marchioness of Douro|
|Born||Jemma Madeleine Kidd
20 September 1974
Guildford, England, United Kingdom
|Occupation||Make up artist|
|Spouse(s)||Arthur Wellesley, Marquess of Douro|
Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro, née Kidd is an English marchioness by courtesy, make up artist and fashion model. She currently resides on the Stratfield Saye estate, Hampshire, with her husband and their three children.
Jemma is the second child of Johnny Kidd (a businessman) and Wendy Madeline Hodge Kidd, the daughter of Sir John Rowland Hodge, 2nd Baronet. Jemma is also a paternal great-granddaughter of the newspaper baron Lord Beaverbrook who founded "The Daily Express".
The sister of international supermodel Jodie Kidd, Jemma led a successful career as a fashion model in her own right before discovering a new calling as a make-up artist. In 2003, Jemma opened her own "Make-up School" in London, and a cosmetics line of the same name was launched in 2006 and was available in the UK (in Boots), America, Australia, Hong Kong, and Canada. The business went into administration on October 2012. She is the author of the books Jemma Kidd Make-up Masterclass, published in 2009, and Jemma Kidd Make-up Secrets, to be released in November 2012.
On 12 September 2009, the couple announced that they were expecting twins. Jemma Kidd gave birth to the twins on 4 January 2010 at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London. One was a girl, later named Mae Madeline, and the other a boy, Arthur Darcy, who has the courtesy title of Earl of Mornington. Their third child, a son Alfred, was born 10 December 2014.
- Margot Peppers (4 March 2014). "British countess Jemma Kidd offers a glimpse inside her grand 18th century Hampshire estate". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 25 July 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Lundy, Darryl. "Person Page 12060". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[unreliable source?]
- Katy Young (8 October 2012). "Jemma Kidd Cosmetics Enters Administration; The Daily Telegraph". telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 7 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Katie Nicholl (12 September 2009). "KATIE NICHOLL: The pair of Wellingtons bringing baby joy to Jemma Kidd | Mail Online". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 26 January 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jemma Wellesley, Marchioness of Douro at the Internet Movie Database
- Jemma Kidd Make Up Artist and Cosmetics
|This biography of a peer, peeress or noble of the United Kingdom, or one or more of its constituent countries, is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|