May 17, 1980 |
|Listed height||6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school||Moreno Valley
(Moreno Valley, California)
|NBA draft||2003 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33rd overall|
|Selected by the Miami Heat|
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|2004||Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|2006||Polpak Swiecie (Poland)|
|2006||Dakota Wizards (D-League)|
|2007||Sydney Kings (Australia)|
|2007||Trotamundos de Carabobo (Venezuela)|
|2007||Reales de La Vega (Dominican Republic)|
|2007–2008||Ironi Ramat Gan (Israel)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
High school career
From 1999 to 2001, Beasley played at Midland College, a junior college in Texas, then transferred to the University of North Dakota. As a senior Beasley averaged 26.6 points and 8.9 rebounds per game, while shooting 51.3% from the field, and with a 73.6% free throw accuracy.
Drafted by the NBA's Miami Heat in the second round of the 2003 NBA Draft, he played only two games for them before being cut. During his tenure, he averaged 1.0 points per game. He also played for the CBA's Sioux Falls Skyforce and the NBA D-League's Dakota Wizards for nine games before buying out his own contract.
Beasley played for the Sydney Kings of Australia's NBL during the 2006–07 season, but he was released following the team's exit from the playoffs. In October 2007, he moved to Israel and signed with Ironi Ramat Gan. Beasley joined the EiffelTowers Den Bosch of the Netherlands for the 2008-2009 season, but he was released in January 2009, after testing positive for Carboxy-THC, the active ingredient of marijuana. He was then resigned to a one-year contract by the EiffelTowers for the 2009/2010 season in hope that he would be their starting center for the upcoming year. In June 2011 he moved to APOEL in Cyprus.
In 2010, Beasley was arrested for falling behind on child support payments. In 2015, Beasley was arrested in Grand Forks, ND for eluding child support payments.
- "Jerome Beasley". North Dakota Fighting Sioux. Archived from the original on November 6, 2002.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jerome Beasley leaves Wizards, retrieved 9 Jan, 2007
- Local hoops: Slaughter to debut for Hapoel J'lem
- Former UND hoops star arrested for child support. USA Today. November 11, 2010. Retrieved on July 10, 2012.
- Jerome Beasley at acb.com
- Jerome Beasley at ESPN.com
- Jerome Beasley at sportsstats.com
- North Dakota Fighting Sioux profile at the Wayback Machine (archived December 10, 2006)