|Born||Jerry Michael Brady
March 20, 1936
Boise, Idaho, U.S.
|Residence||Idaho Falls, Idaho, U.S.|
|Education||University of Notre Dame
UC Berkeley School of Law 
|Children||3 sons, 2 daughters|
|Website||Official website[dead link] (Archived December 21, 2007 at the Wayback Machine)|
Jerry Michael Brady (born March 20, 1936) is an American businessman, explorer and politician from Idaho. He owns an Idaho Falls newspaper that is distributed in southeast Idaho and is a member of the Democratic Party.
Brady graduated from Idaho Falls High School in 1954 and the University of Notre Dame in 1958. He attended law school at the University of California (Boalt Hall) in Berkeley and earned a J.D. in 1962.
Beginning in 1963, Brady served as a legislative assistant to United States Senator Frank Church. From 1969 to 1972 Brady was the assistant director and later director of public affairs for the Peace Corps, and practiced law in Washington, D.C. from 1979 to 1984.
In 1984, Brady returned to Idaho to manage his family's media companies, first as general manager of KIFI-TV in Idaho Falls, then as publisher of the Post Register, Idaho Falls' daily newspaper which he owns. Brady currently serves as the newspaper's president.
Brady is a great-grandson of James H. Brady (1862–1918) of Pocatello, a Republican governor (1909–1911) and U.S. Senator (1913–1918). In November 1914, he became Idaho's first senator to be elected by direct popular vote, following the ratification of the 17th Amendment in 1913.
|Year||Democrat||Votes||Pct||Republican||Votes||Pct||3rd Party||Party||Votes||Pct||3rd Party||Party||Votes||Pct|
|2002||Jerry Brady||171,711||41.7%||Dirk Kempthorne (inc.)||231,566||56.3%||Daniel L.J. Adams||Libertarian||8,187||2.0%|
|2006||Jerry Brady||198,845||44.1%||Butch Otter||237,437||52.7%||Marvin Richardson||Constitution||7,309||1.6%||Steve Gothard||Libertarian||7,241||1.6%|
- "Primary profiles". Moscow-Pullman Daily News. Idaho-Washington. May 25, 2002. p. 4A.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Governor". Spokesman-Review. Spokane, Washington. November 2, 2006. p. 2, election section.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- November 7, 2006 General Election Results Statewide Totals Accessed 28 December 2007
- Postregister.com - About Us Accessed 28 December 2007
- Brady done, but other Idaho Dems consider running again[dead link] Accessed 28 December 2007
- Official website[dead link] (Archived December 21, 2007 at the Wayback Machine)
- Jerry Brady on Blogger
- Jerry Brady on Facebook
- on 's channelYouTube
|Party political offices|
Robert C. Huntley
|Democratic nominee for Governor of Idaho
Keith G. Allred
|This article about an Idaho politician is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|