|Born||Concord, North Carolina|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Jody Hill is an American film director, producer and screenwriter. In 2006, he directed, co-wrote, co-produced and co-starred in his first film The Foot Fist Way, which he based on his experience as a Taekwondo black belt and instructor. His follow-up film, Observe and Report, stars Seth Rogen and was released on April 10, 2009. Hill is also co-creator, director and executive producer of the HBO series' Eastbound & Down and Vice Principals.
Hill's first film, The Foot Fist Way was seen by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay who bought the distributing rights to the film. Subsequently, Hill was invited to the set of Knocked Up where he met future collaborator, Seth Rogen. Hill was asked to do a cameo appearance with writing partner Ben Best in Rogen's next film, Superbad as Tut Long John Silver. Hill later cast Rogen as the leading man in his film, Observe and Report which opened at number 4 at the box office. The role of Ronnie was written specifically for Rogen.
In 2009, Hill directed The Avett Brothers music video "Slight Figure of Speech" which featured Wolfe and Andy Daly. The following year he directed the parody music video Swagger Wagon as part of ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi's campaign for the Sienna SE minivan from Toyota.
Hill's next film, L.A.P.I. was announced as an action comedy about a hardboiled private investigator, played by friend and frequent collaborator Danny McBride. It is the first film Hill has directed but not written. It is also the first film produced by Hill's, McBride's and David Gordon Green's production company, Rough House Pictures. In 2014, Hill and McBride created and began preparing the comedy series Vice Principals for HBO.
|2009||Observe and Report||Yes||Yes|
|2007||Superbad||Yes||Tut Long John Silver|
|2006||The Foot Fist Way||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Mike McAlister|
|2009||Eastbound and Down||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Creator
Also Executive Producer
|Real Comedy: Observe and Report||Yes||Himself|
Also Executive Producer
- Seth Rogen's New Movie "Observe and Report"
- Eastbound & Down’s Most Cringeworthy Moments - Vulture
- Toyota: Swagger Wagon - Video - Creativity Online]
- Danny McBride to Star in Jody Hill's L.A.P.I. - /Film
- Dave Itzkoff, "Jody Hill, Director of 'Observe and Report' - Auteur of Awkward," The New York Times, April 2, 2009.
- Tully, Michael (September 23, 2009). "A Conversation With Jody Hill ('Observe and Report')". HammerToNail.com. Archived from the original on March 9, 2014. Retrieved February 3, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>