March 1, 1991 |
Mantiply was drafted by the New York Mets in the 48th round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft out of Tunstall High School in Dry Fork, Virginia. He did not sign with the Mets and attended Virginia Tech to play college baseball. After his junior season, he was drafted by the Philadelphia Phillies in the 28th round of the 2012 MLB Draft. He again did not sign and returned to Virginia Tech for his senior season.
After his senior season, Mantiply was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 27th round of the 2013 MLB Draft. He made his professional debut that season with the Connecticut Tigers. After starting his career as a starting pitcher, Mantiply became a relief pitcher in 2014. He started the season with the West Michigan Whitecaps and was later promoted to the Double-A Erie SeaWolves.
- Mantiply, Giannini selected in Major League Baseball draft
- Ex-Tunstall pitcher Mantiply is Hokies' go-to guy
- Draft snub drives Mantiply's stellar senior season
- Mantiply, Rash leading Tech instead of playing pro ball
- Tigers draft Turnstall alumnus
- THE REVIEW: Becoming the eighth man
- Former Tunstall High standout Mantiply poised to become Major League hurler
- Overlooked lefty Mantiply might reach Tigers in 2015