John Fulleylove (18 Aug 1845 – 22 May 1908) was an English landscape artist and illustrator.
Born in Leicester, he originally trained as an architect with local firm "Shenton and Baker", before becoming an artist in watercolours and oils. He exhibited widely in England from 1871 at venues in London such as the Royal Academy, Royal Society of British Artists, Fine Art Society, Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours, Royal Institute of Oil Painters, and in many other regional towns and cities. He became a member of the RI in 1879 and the ROI in 1883.
Abroad, he painted in France, Italy, Greece and the Middle East. His watercolour illustrations appeared in several travel books, such as those by A & C Black (see below).
In 1878, Fulleylove married fellow artist Elizabeth Elgood. Their daughter Joan Fulleylove (1886–1947) became a noted stained glass designer, producing windows for the Anglican cathedral in Khartoum. They also had a son, John Christopher Fulleylove, who married Margery Dudeney, daughter of puzzle designer Henry Dudeney.
- Various. The picturesque Mediterranean, its cities, shores, and islands (Cassell, 1890).
- Martin, B. E. & North, E. D. In the footprints of Charles Lamb (New York, Scribners, 1890).
- Kelman, John. The Holy Land (A & C Black, 1902).
- Thomas, Edward. Oxford (A & C Black, 1903).
- Murray Smith, A. Westminster Abbey (A & C Black, 1906).
- M'Clymont, J. A. Greece (A & C Black, 1906).
- Moncrieff, A. R. Hope. Middlesex (A & C Black, 1907).
- Masson, Rosaline Orme. Edinburgh (A & C Black, 1907).
- Poyser, Arthur. The Tower of London (A & C Black, 1908).
- "Fulleylove, John". Who's Who. Vol. 59. 1907. p. 647.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Lee 1912.
- Elizabeth Elgood came from a family of artists. She had seven brothers, 5 of whom painted, and a sister. One of the brothers George S Elgood (1851–1943), who received some art tuition from Fulleylove, was a notable historic garden painter (Leicester archaeological society annual report, 1948).
- Template:Cite DNB12
- Baker, Anne Pimlott. "Fulleylove, John (1845–1908)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/33293.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Script error: The function "getCommonsLink" does not exist.|Script error: The function "getCommonsLink" does not exist.]].|