John S. Conway (historian)
John S. Conway (born 1929) is Professor Emeritus of History at the University of British Columbia. He has specialized in the role of the German churches and the Vatican during the Third Reich, and on Christian-Jewish relations during the 20th century. He is the founding member of the Scholars' Conference on the German Church and the Holocaust, and is the author of The Nazi Persecution of the Churches 1933-45. He was awarded the Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal in 1977.
Conway was born in London, England, and completed his B.A. and Ph.D in history at St John's College, Cambridge. He moved to Canada in 1955 and taught international relations at the University of Manitoba until 1957, when he joined the history department at the University of British Columbia, teaching modern European history and international relations there until 1995.
He is now a member of the Anglican Diocese of New Westminster's Refugee Liaison Committee. On the UBC campus, he has been long associated with the Student Christian Movement, and the World University Service, for which he acted for many years as the Faculty Advisor. He is currently a member of St James' Anglican Parish, Vancouver. Dr. Conway is the editor of the Newsletter of the Association of Contemporary Church Historians.
- Conway, J. S. The Nazi persecution of the Churches 1933-45. London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 1968. xxxi, 474 p. : 8 plates, illus., ports. ; 23 cm. ISBN 0-297-76315-6
- Also published: New York : Basic Books, 
- Also published: Toronto : Ryerson Press, .
- Also published: Vancouver : Regent College Pub., 2001, c1968. ISBN 1-55361-031-8
- Published in French translation (La persécution nazie des Églises, 1933-1945) by Éditions France-Empire, [c1969]
- Published in German translation (Die nationalsozialistische Kirchenpolitik 1933-1945 : ihre Ziele, Widersprüche und Fehlschläge. München : Chr. Kaiser, [c1969] 383 p. ; 23 cm.
- Conway, J. S. (John Segmour). Visit to the Tibetan settlements in northern India, 1977. [New Westminster, B.C.] : Institute of Environmental Studies, Douglas College, 1977. 16 leaves ; 28 cm. International project booklet 0703-8976 no. 7
- Conway, J. S. Bourgeois German pacifism during the First World War [Canada : s.n., 1978?]  leaves ; 29 cm. Papers of the Canadian Historical Association
- "John S. Conway Collection". The John Richard Allison Library. Retrieved 3 November 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "John Conway fonds: Biographical sketch" (PDF). University of British Columbia Archives. Retrieved 3 November 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The John. S. Conway Research Collection at Regent College
- John S. Conway. The Silence of Pope Pius XII. The Review of Politics, Vol. 27 No. 1 (Jan., 1965), pp. 105-131. Published by: Cambridge University Press for the University of Notre Dame du lac on behalf of Review of Politics.