|The Right Reverend
|Bishop of Ebbsfleet (PEV)|
|Province||Province of Canterbury|
|Diocese||Diocese of Canterbury|
|Appointed||2 August 2013|
|Consecration||25 September 2013
by Justin Welby
|Born||1961 (age 60–61)|
|Alma mater||Royal Holloway, University of London|
Jonathan Michael Goodall SSC (born 1961) is an Anglican bishop. Since 2013, he has been the Bishop of Ebbsfleet, a suffragan bishop who is the provincial episcopal visitor for western half of the Province of Canterbury in the Church of England. He is an Anglo-Catholic and promotes a traditional catholic understanding of ordination to the priesthood and episcopate — i.e. he rejects the orders of women who are priests or bishops.
He served his title in the Bicester Team Ministry from 1989 to 1992; in the latter two years he was also assistant chaplain at HMP Bullingdon. He was a minor canon and sacrist of Westminster Abbey from 1992 to 1998, after which he served as research assistant and chaplain to the Bishops of Gibraltar until 2005. From 2005 until his ordination and consecration to the episcopate he was chaplain and ecumencial secretary to the Archbishops of Canterbury.
On 2 August 2013, Goodall was announced as the next Bishop of Ebbsfleet, the provincial episcopal visitor (PEV) for the Province of Canterbury. On 25 September 2013, he was consecrated a bishop by Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury, during a service at Westminster Abbey.
- "Jonathan Michael Goodall". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 17 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> (subscription required)
- "The Reverend Canon Jonathan Goodall". Ordination and Consecration Service (pdf). Westminster Abbey. 20 September 2013. p. 4. Retrieved 17 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "New Bishop of Ebbsfleet announced". The Archbishop of Canterbury. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ordination and Consecrations of The Reverend Canon Jonathan Goodall and The Venerable Martyn Snow". Westminster Abbey. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "The Council of Bishops". The Society. Retrieved 6 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Ebbsfleet