José Antonio Redondo García
|Full name||José Antonio Redondo García|
|Date of birth||8 March 1953|
|Place of birth||Turón, Spain|
|1972–1973||→ Ensidesa (loan)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Born in Turón, Mieres, Asturias, Redondo graduated from CD Turón's youth setup, making his senior debuts in the 1971–72 campaign. In the 1972 summer he moved to Sporting de Gijón, being immediately loaned to CD Ensidesa in a six-month deal.
Redondo returned to the Asturian side in 1973 and made his La Liga debut on 7 January, starting in a 0–1 away loss against Real Oviedo. He appeared in 14 matches during the season, with his side narrowly avoided relegation.
Redondo began his managerial career at lowly UD Gijón Industrial in 1988, after managing Sporting's youth setup. In 1989 he was appointed the latter's reserve team manager, and remained in charge for one season. He eventually returned to the Rojiblancos in 1997, being appointed assistant manager.
In April 1998, Redondo was appointed caretaker manager, replacing José Manuel Díaz Novoa, as his side were already relegated. He returned to the B-team for the 1998–99 campaign, but was again promoted in October, after Antonio López's resignation.
Redondo returned to the bench only in 2002, at the helm of lowly CD San Martín. He resumed his managerial career in the lower leagues, managing Berrón CF, UC Ceares, Valdesoto CF, L'Entregu CF and UP Langreo; he resigned from the latter on 11 March 2015.
- 1–0: El duelo Asturiano se resolvió a favor del Oviedo (1–0: the Asturian duel ended up in Oviedo's favour); El Mundo Deportivo, 8 January 1973 (Spanish)
- Camacho la toma con los jugadores (Camacho takes it with players); La Vanguardia, 5 April 1998 (Spanish)
- Directiva y técnico, a la calle (Board and manager, fired); El Mundo Deportivo, 6 October 1998 (Spanish)
- Redondo, nuevo técnico del Berrón (Redondo, new manager of Berrón); El Comercio, 7 February 2007 (Spanish)
- Redondo entrenará al Ceares, que fichó al delantero Rubén Blaya (Redondo will manage Ceares, which signed the forward Rubén Blaya); El Comercio, 31 May 2007 (Spanish)
- José Antonio Redondo entrenará al Valdesoto (José Antonio Redondo will manage Valdesoto); El Comercio, 9 March 2009 (Spanish)
- José Antonio Redondo, al banquillo de L'Entregu (José Antonio Redondo, to L'Entregu's bench); El Comercio, 30 March 2011 (Spanish)
- El Langreo oficializa el fichaje de Redondo (Langreo turns official Redondo's signing); La Nueva España, 27 June 2014 (Spanish)
- Redondo dimite en el Langreo (Redondo quits in Langreo); Fútbol Asturiano, 11 March 2015 (Spanish)