José Gómez Mustelier
|World Amateur Championships|
|Pan American Games|
|1979 San Juan||Middleweight|
José Gómez Mustelier aka Jovani Gomez (born January 28, 1959 in Colombia, Cuba) was a Cuban boxer, who won the middleweight gold medal at the 1980 Summer Olympics. In the final he defeated Viktor Savchenko of the USSR on points (4-1). Two years earlier he captured the world title at the second World Championships in Belgrade, followed by the gold medal at the 1979 Pan American Games.
- Defeated Enock Chama (Namibia) 3-2
- Defeated Bong Mun Jang (North Korea) KO 2
- Defeated Valentin Silaghi (Romania) 5-0
- Defeated Viktor Savchenko (USSR) 4-1
- José Gómez. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 2012-07-22.
|This biographical article related to a Cuban boxer is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a Cuban Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|