|Born||Juliet AnnMarie Huddy
September 27, 1969
Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
|Occupation||Television personality and anchor|
Early life and career
Huddy was born in Miami Beach, Florida, the daughter of John, a television producer, and Erica Huddy, a singer/performer. Her brother is Fox News reporter John Huddy. She graduated from Langley High School (McLean, Virginia) in 1987 and earned a degree in political science with a minor in sociology at the University of Missouri.
After completing her education, she began her news journalism career at age 23 as a reporter/producer for KARO-FM's morning newscast in Columbia, Missouri. She later relocated to Ventura, California to join KADY-TV — a station owned by her mother and father – where she initially worked as the station's promotions director and executive producer but later turned to reporting at the Ventura County News Network. As promotions director, she won numerous ADDY awards.
She was executive producer of "Armed Response", a finalist for the IRIS award given by the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE).
After more than five years working in California, Huddy relocated to Jacksonville, Florida to work for WAWS as a general-assignment reporter for the station's nightly newscast. She also worked as a news anchor for WFYV-FM's morning radio program The Lex and Terry Show and a regular on The KiddChris Show, at WYSP/Philadelphia.
At Fox News
She joined Fox News in March 1998 as a reporter at the Miami bureau, but later on moved to the New York studios where she presented a variety of news programs and occasionally filled in for E.D. Hill on Fox & Friends during the week. Huddy is the goddaughter of Roger Ailes. She also was a rotating co-host of Fox and Friends First, later becoming a permanent co-host of Fox & Friends Weekend, alongside Mike Jerrick and Julian Phillips. In the summer of 2005, Huddy began co-hosting Dayside. She started a blog on the Dayside homepage, called Juliet's DaySide Dish.
During the summer of 2006, Fox News announced that the network would cease production of Dayside, in addition to the news that Fox Broadcasting was planning to produce a new breakfast television show for syndication, beginning with television stations owned by the Fox Television Stations Group. The new program, akin to Dayside, would be hosted by Jerrick and Huddy, requiring them to leave Fox News for the syndicated program. The program was initially promoted to feature elements of both programs the hosts have been a part of, Dayside and Fox & Friends. When officially launched on January 22, 2007, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet aired with both hosts, Huddy producing a video blog for the program. The show was not renewed and stopped taping new episodes in June 2009.
After the show's cancellation in 2009, Huddy returned to Fox News and works as a newscaster. She has been a frequent guest on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld, Fox News' late night satire program and has been featured in a weekly segment "Did You See That" on The O'Reilly Factor.
She is the anchor of "Good Day Early Call" at New York City local Fox affiliate WNYW Fox 5.
- "On Air Personalities" (Juliet Huddy). Fox News. Retrieved 1 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Barmash, Jerry (17 October 2012). "Heather Nauert and Juliet Huddy Swap Roles with Fox". FishbowlNY. Mediabistro. Retrieved 1 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Topics and Guests: Jan. 18". Fox News. 18 January 2006. Retrieved 1 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Brian (22 January 2007). mediabistro "Mazzarelli's Big Morning" Check
|url=value (help). TVNewser. Mediabistro.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Johnson, Richard (18 June 2009). "Huddy's Marriage Ends After 4 Months" (Page Six). New York Post.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Posts Tagged 'O'Reilly Factor'" (Juliet Huddy: “Yellow Belly” Ron Paul). Carpe Diem. The Kubrick Theme Blog. 7 September 2011.
...on the O’Reilly Factor over his refusal to return to the show. During her weekly “Did You See That?” segment...<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- cgarrets (9 May 2008). "Mother's Day with Mike (and Juliet!)". Hoboken Now. Retrieved 6 February 2013.
In addition to those Hoboken politicians, we also asked Mike Jerrick and Juliet Huddy - co-hosts of Fox's 'late night' morning show - what they had planned this weekend .The two share not just the stage on the Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, but also the city of Hoboken, where they both live<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>