From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
The Kalem Club was a literary circle in New York that formed around the American fantasy writer H. P. Lovecraft from 1924–27. It gained its name because the surnames of the original members all began with K, L or M.
Members of the club included:
- George Willard Kirk (1898–1962)
- Rheinhart Kleiner (1892–1949)
- Herman Charles Koenig (1893–1959)
- Frank Belknap Long (1901–94)
- H. P. Lovecraft (1890–1937)
- Samuel Loveman (1887–1976)
- Henry Everett McNeil (1862–1929)
- James Ferdinand Morton, Jr. (1870–1941)
- Hart, Mara Kirk; Joshi, S. T., eds. (2006). "Lovecraft’s New York Circle: The Kalem Club, 1924–1927". New York City: Hippocampus Press. ISBN 978-0976159292.