|File:Kantanka vehicles logo.png|
Gomoa Mpota, Central
(Kantanka assembly plant)
|Products||Electric cars, Technology|
Kantaka Car is an Ashanti privately held electric car manufacturing company founded by Kwadwo Safo and headquarted in Kumasi the capital of Ashanti City-State with an assembly plant in located at Gomoa Mpota in the Central region of the Ashantiland Peninsula.
Ashanti Pastor Kwadwo Safo began this project long ago but most of the cars produced at that time were for mere exhibition until May 2014 when his center was able to build an assembly plant.
The Kantanka range of cars includes both electric saloon and electric four wheel drives. There is an electric SUV called the Nkunimdie. There is the electric Kantaka Onatafuo 4x4 pickup and the electric Kantanka Opasuo range as well as the electric Otumfo SUV.
- Douglas Chartey. "Kantanka Cars Made In Ghana - A Brain Child Of Apostle Sarfo". Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Ghana News - Kantanka to commence sale of first made-in-Ghana car". Myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Ansah, Marian Efe. "Police to receive made-in-Ghana Kantanka vehicles". Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Pastor Dr. Safo Kantanka outdoors 30 cars: Government Support Needed". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Katanka Automobile Company to showcase locally-made vehicles - Graphic Online". Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- Mensah, Kent. "Ghana's talented but ignored inventors". Aljazeera. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- News Ghana. "Ghana launches first locally manufactured automobiles". NewsGhana.com.gh. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Kantanka Outdoors “Nkunimdie V8” – Daily Guide". www.dailyguideghana.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.
- "Ghana News - Safo Kantanka’s cars go on sale next month". Myjoyonline.com. Retrieved 2015-04-22.