Number of locations
|Products||Popcorn, caramel corn|
Karmelkorn is an American popcorn retailer. It was founded in 1929 in Casper, Wyoming by Bill O'Sullivan. Initially, Karmelkorn stores sold popcorn and caramel corn out of downtown storefronts, but by the 1960s, the chain began operating out of shopping malls. By 1982, the chain had 270 shops in 43 states.
In 1986, Dairy Queen's parent company IDQ (now part of Berkshire Hathaway), purchased the Karmelkorn chain. Dairy Queen began co-branding Karmelkorn with the Dairy Queen and Orange Julius brands.
- "Find a Karmelkorn gourmet popcorn shoppe". karmelkorn.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- United States (1982). Franchise opportunities. Sterling Pub. Co. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Karmelkorn gourmet popcorn and popcorn gifts". karmelkorn.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Restaurant Business. Restaurant Business. 1986. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Eberts, M.; Gisler, M.; Brothers, L. (1995). Opportunities in Fast Food Careers. VGM Career Horizons. p. 15. ISBN 9780844244020. Retrieved 2015-04-01.